“We would not be able to close the deal without Joris. Together we are a strong team”
YES Corporate Finance has successfully closed the Management Buy-Out of Tchai.
Tchai is a family owned business based in Ridderkerk (near Rotterdam), dedicated to developing, designing and realising product presentations and shop fitting. From the start of the company in 1961, established by Jan Tchai (1st generation) in Overschie (The Netherlands), the company was known for producing shop window materials. Since the brothers Ken Tchai and Ed Tchai acquired the company from the 1st generation, the company has introduced the overall concept of designing, producing and installing shop fittings. Third generation Edward Tchai and Kim Tchai, who joined the management in 2010, mandated YES Corporate Finance to advise on the Management Buy-Out.
The current activities of Tchai comprise of:
- Designing strategic concepts for retail
- Creating, developing, producing and installing brand- and product presentations
- Creating, developing, producing and installing shop fittings and flagship stores
The customer base of Tchai consists of approximately 75 clients and includes Nike, Samsung and Dobotex (known of among others Puma and Tommy Hilfiger). Other successful, recent projects are the production of DHL flagship stores, shop-in-shops for Samsung and the opening of brand stores for Iittala in Amsterdam and Helsinki.
Role YES Corporate Finance
YES Corporate Finance (YES CF) has advised Edward and Kim Tchai to acquire the shares during an intensive process. YES CF has successfully executed the following:
- Preparing a firm financial analysis and drafting an Information Memorandum for the purpose of procuring funds
- Finding and selecting the appropriate financier
- Preparing and assisting in the negotiations with the bank and co-shareholders including the transaction documentation
- Working out the deal structure
Kim Tchai (Managing Director and shareholder):
“We have accomplished this through blood, sweat and tears but we would not be able to close the deal without Joris (YES CF). Together we are a strong team. Thank you for the professional collaboration.”
Highlights of the transaction:
- The third generation of the Tchai family has increased their interest in Tchai
- YES Corporate Finance has successfully assisted the shareholders of Tchai on the MBO
Click here for more examples of successful transactions.
Joris van Rijn
+31 6 5083 9612