In particular, I would like to thank the team at YES CF for their intensive guidance of Aqualiner during this equally challenging and complex journey. Not only the expertise, but also the perseverance of the team ensured that Aqualiner secured excellent growth financing with DP Lease.Gerbrand SchuttenAqualiner
YES Corporate Finance has successfully advised Aqualiner in securing new financing from DP Lease for its entire fleet of a total of 30 ships, which now also includes nine new hybrid/electric ships.
The company Aqualiner, led by Gerbrand Schutten, is responsible for passenger transportation by water in Antwerp (https://www.dewaterbus.be/nl) and South Holland, and now also operates the route from Dordrecht to Rotterdam alongside the existing Waterbus route.
Aqualiner started its first ferry service in Antwerp in May 2017. In 2022, the Waterbus service in South Holland was added. In 2023, the Waterbus transported over 2 million passengers, and the growth continues.
To facilitate the expansion to the new route, the Dutch shipbuilder Damen Shipyards has designed a new hybrid electric ship called the Waterbus 2907 E3. This new ship won the Dutch Design Award in October. The award is given to products and solutions that are relevant, innovative, and/or original and exceptionally well-designed in the Netherlands by a Dutch designer or company.
To enable the growth towards the new route, a new fleet of these award-winning electric ships had to be built. To finance this, financing was secured from DP Lease.
Role of YES Corporate Finance
YES Corporate Finance has provided intensive guidance to Aqualiner throughout the entire process. The following activities have been successfully completed:
- Preparation of a Financing Memorandum
- Support in searching and selecting the most suitable financier and negotiating the best terms for financing with the consortium
- Organization of management presentations, site visits, and assistance in due diligence
- Negotiation of highly complex financing documentation up to Signing and Closing
Highlights of the transaction:
- YES Corporate Finance successfully helped Aqualiner obtain strategic financing
- With financing from DP Lease, Aqualiner was able to renew and further expand its fleet, continuing to develop as the market leader in passenger transportation by water segment in Europe
Click here for more examples of successful transactions.